Yes, we are licensed with the Maryland Home Improvement Commission and our license number is MHIC 36229. If you need to check on any home improvement company you are considering on hiring, we encourage you to call 410-230-6309. The MHIC hotline can tell you if a contractor is licensed and if there are any complaints on that firm.
Yes, we carry liability insurance to protect against damage to property and workers compensation insurance to cover injury to our employees. Our insurance provider is Shannon and Luchs Insurance 301-670-7370. Upon request, we are happy to provide O'Connor's Painting Service's certificate of insurance.
We have been in business in Montgomery County Maryland for over 25 years. We work year-round and have a loyal staff of full-time employees ready to fulfill your painting needs.
Yes, just ask the estimator when you meet them and they will follow up with a list of references from other homeowners in your area where we have worked.
At O'Connor's Painting Service we mainly use Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore products. However, the brand of paint that is chosen for any project also depends on customer preference and special requirements unique to your job. We are constantly keeping up with the latest in new paint products coming to market such as low VOC and environmentally friendly products. We use the very best paints to provide the very best results.
If you hire O'Connor's Painting Service, a painting team will be assigned to your project. This includes the Foreman of the crew who will introduce himself the first day. He is your point of contact during the painting at your home. Once we begin your job, we stay on your job, dedicated to get the work done in a timely manner
Yes, at O'Connor's Painting Service our estimates are free. Our estimator will meet you at your home, walk the project with you and work up a detailed estimate including surface preparation, types of paint and options for such things as one-coat and two-coat pricing. With years of experience, we do our best to anticipate any issues. Other painters may offer you a lower price initially but they may leave details out and then surprise the homeowner in the end with additional costs.
Yes, we offer a three-year guarantee against peeling, flaking, blistering or chipping of new paint. You can read the details in our sales packet that we provide you when we meet for your painting project estimate.
Paint sheen simply means the level of glossiness in paint.
- Flat (o% - 3% sheen) can be touched up really well.
- Matte (3% - 10% sheen) is washable.
- Satin/Eggshell (12% - 35% sheen) is washable but not as easy to touch up.
- Semi-Gloss (35% - 60% sheen) used for trim.
- Gloss (above 85% sheen) sometimes used for doors.
No, O’Connor’s Painting Service uses only in-house painters that are background checked and drug tested. Employees are trained on painting products, safety, proper preparation, and the execution of the art of painting.
- Customer communication: O'Connor's Painting Service is a small family owned business. When you call the office often the person answering is part of the O'Connor family or a close family friend. The call does not go to a call center so the person takes great pride in creating a good experience from the biding process to the final invoice payment. Also the onsite foreman provides an immediate point of contract if a question or concern arises.
- Experience: David O'Connor has been in the painting industry for 30 years. His 30 years of experience and communication with product representatives allows O'Connor's Painting Service to devise a strategy to ensure the longevity of your paint job.
- Employees: The employees at O'Connor's Painting Service are trained on products, safety, the art of painting, and most importantly the standards of an O'Connor's Painting Service paint job.
- Preparation: O'Connor's Painting Service has high standards when it comes to preparation. Your home is often your most expensive purchase so we should treat it accordingly. Placing tape, drop clothes, placing plastic over cabinets and furniture are some of the precautions we take to protect your home. Interior preparation also includes minor wall repair, caulking, and sanding glossy surfaces.
Exterior preparation includes cleaning surfaces, sanding, window glazing and caulking which can add years to the life of your exterior paint job and house structure.
Life In Color With O'Connor's Painting
Be sure to read our blog for helpful tips when working with a professional painting contractor. Learn how to understand paint sheen, choosing interior paint finishes, choosing a quality painting contractor, and more!